Emergency Justification For:
836 North US 491 (Denny’s)
Dated: 26 July 2021
The City of Gallup, New Mexico determined that the following emergency exists. Describe emergency. There is a major water main break by 836 North US 491, it is in a congested utility area and a significant number of businesses are without water. Denny’s is also in front of a very busy shopping center. Loss of this line results in the following:
1. There is a loss of fire protection along a 2 block area to businesses.
2. Loss of this line effects flow and pressure throughout the mall area and results in significantly lower fire flows for the mall area.
3. Loss of this line causes water quality issues for the mall area.
The existence of the emergency condition creates an immediate and serious need for services, construction or items of tangible personal property that cannot be met through normal procurement methods and the lack of which would seriously threaten:
- the functioning of government;
- the preservation or protection of property; or
- the health or safety of any person.
Contract award details and required statutory information is as follows:
Name of Agency & Contact Information:
City of Gallup
Frances Rodriguez, CPPB
P.O. Box 1270
Gallup, NM 87305
Name of Contractor & Address:
10 Edeal Road
Los Lunas, NM 87021
Amount of prospective contract: Unknown
Term of prospective contract: One-time repairs
Any questions regarding award may be submitted via fax, email, or regular mail using the contact information above (I).
This emergency procurement is per City of Gallup Procurement Code and statutes (NMSA 1978, Section 13-1-127).