Tips to keep pipes from freezing
- Keep a cold water faucet dripping on the far side of the house from the street.
- Cover all exposed outside faucets.
- If your water line runs under your driveway or sidewalk, clear your driveway or sidewalk of all snow/ice.
- Ensure all exposed piping under or outside of your home is insulated.
- Do not tamper with your water meter or its insulation.
- Keep your home at a higher temperature during subzero temperatures.
- Keep doors to rooms with faucets open to allow air to circulate around pipes.
Should you lose water during a cold spell:
Call Utility Dispatch at 505-863-1200 immediately,
calling any other city agency will delay the response to your home.
Clear all snow/ice from between the water meter and your home. Your home will be visited by Water Department personnel in the order reported.