Tips to keep pipes from freezing
1. Keep a cold water facet dripping on the far side of the house from the street.
2. Cover all exposed outside facets.
3. If your water line runs under your driveway or sidewalk, clear your driveway or sidewalk of all snow/ice.
4. Ensure all exposed piping under or outside of your home is insulated.
5. Do not tamper with your water meter or its insulation.
6. Keep your home at a higher temperature during subzero temperatures.
7. Keep doors to rooms with faucets open to allow air to circulate around pipes.
Should you lose water during a cold spell:
1. Call utility Dispatch at 505-863-1200 immediately, calling any other city agency will delay the response to your home.
2. Clear all snow/ice from between the water meter and your home.
3. Your home will be visited by water department personnel in the or-der reported.
CITY OF GALLUP