December 26, 2022
Monday, December 26, 2022
Join OFPL in-person at the Children & Youth Library every Monday at 4:00 PM for STREAM workshops and activities for kids and tweens (ages 5-12). Eureka! STREAM workshops explore topics in Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, and Making. In December we will be exploring the work of women pioneers in science and engineering. Email email@example.com or call (505) 863-1291 for more information.
- December 5th - Kyla Edison & Geology
- Be inspired by the work of geologist Kyla Edison, and then use the Mohs scale of hardness to compare and analyze different rocks.
- December 12th - Jasmine Sadler & Balloon Rockets
- Be inspired by the work of aerospace engineer and CEO Jasmine Sadler, and then try your hand at creating your own model rocket which uses the principle of Newton’s Third Law to propel itself, just like a real rocket.
- December 19th - Valerie Duprat & Wind Power
- Be inspired by the work of engineer and surfboard builder Valerie Duprat, and then try your hand at building your own wind-powered vehicle.
- December 26th - Sydney Hamilton & Catapults (Virtual)
- Be inspired by the work of aerospace engineer Sydney Hamilton, and then design and build a catapult that can launch a paper plane into the air. Join by watching on our Facebook page or YouTube channel.