The Honorable Jackie McKinney
Jackie McKinney was born in Lawton, Oklahoma and has called Gallup home since 1963. A graduate of Gallup High School, Jackie also attended New Mexico Military Institute and Northern Arizona University. Jackie retired as general manager of AC Houston Lumber in Gallup following 30 years of company service, allowing him to spend more time with his wife Sandra, four children and nine grandchildren.
Elected to office in March 2011, Mayor McKinney’s campaign mission statement for the citizens of Gallup is “Together We Can.” Mayor McKinney was reelected in April 2015. His objectives include:
- Promote unity and professionalism in city government;
- Systematically implement infrastructure improvements;
- Clean up our community and generate pride in being a Gallup citizen;
- Encourage economic development and create jobs by streamlining City Hall bureaucracy and offering incentives for private industry;
- Establish fiscally responsible policies and practices;
- Give our youth a voice and promote their workforce; and
- Partner with Legislators, McKinley County, and the Navajo Nation to provide needed Quality of Life initiatives for all citizens.
Phone: (505) 863-1220, press option 2
Mailing Address: c/o City of Gallup, 110 West Aztec Avenue, Gallup NM 87301