Land Use and Zoning
The City of Gallup Planning & Development Department will be TEMPORARILY scaling back our in-person visitations at our department resulting from the rising COVID-19 numbers affecting our area. The following “TEMPORARY” protocol has been implemented for our department:
PLANNING & ZONING (Subdivisions & other land use’s)
1) Planning & zoning applications, may be submitted via electronically with all required documentation. Applications will still require signatures from all individuals indicated on each application prior to submission.
Please email your plans to:
2) Any application reviews or discussion will done telephonically by calling (505) 863-1240. If we need to conduct a visual meeting we can schedule through “ZOOM.”
LAND USE AND ZONING OVERVIEW
Planning & Development is charged with managing the use of land in the City of Gallup. Proper zoning helps avoid incompatible uses within a geographic area and balances protection of private property rights and economic development with concerns for environment and quality of life for community members.
Our 2020 Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting schedule has been released. This schedule details when the meetings are scheduled if an application has been received to be heard before our Planning & Zoning Commission or the deadline to file an appeal.
If you have any questions and or concerns regarding applications, land use and zoning, please contact:
Planning & Development Director
- How is land annexed into the city?
- What are the steps in the annexation process?
- What are the general criteria used to evaluate an annexation request?
- Can there be special requirements for certain annexation requests?
- What are accepted grounds or a basis for re-zoning?
- How can I obtain the ownership and legal description for a parcel?
- What are accepted grounds for a zoning variance?
- I disagree with a decision of the planning department, Can I appeal it?
- What can I do to minimize problems and expedite my requests with the Planning and Zoning Department?