Building and Construction
Please be advised that Planning & Development will no longer require a permit for sealcoat work and re-striping. Any questions on permitting can be addressed by calling our office at 505.863.1240.
The following types of projects are examples of areas that require permits:
- New Construction – Residential or Commercial
- Additions to a Structure – Residential or Commercial
- Alterations or Repairs to a Structure – Residential or Commercial
- Minor Alterations – Residential or Commercial
- Stucco – Residential or Commercial
- Fences Greater than Four (4) Feet in Height
- New Sidewalks and Access Cuts (See Public Works)
- Excavation / Grading
- Asphalt / Overlay
- Re- Roof (Overlay & Tear Off) / Structural Roof Renovations
- Sign Permits
- Accessory Structures
Building Permit Forms
Obtaining a building permit requires a visit to the Planning and Development office in City Hall. However, it may be helpful to view our forms online to see what information will be requested concerning your particular project. Furthermore, depending on your project, a different type of application may be required. Please contact our department if you are not sure if your project requires a permit. It is important to remember that all mechanical, electrical and plumbing must be permitted through the NM Construction Industries Division.
You can download the following applications:
- Building Permit - Contractor's Application
- Building Permit - Homeowner's Application
- Extension Request - Permits or Temporary Certificates of Occupancy
- Current Building Permit Report Opens a New Window.
- 2019 Year to Date - Building Permit Report
- Building Permit Activity Report - 5 Year Comparison (2014 - 2018)
Opens a New Window.
Opens a New Window.
View City of Gallup Land Development Standards Opens a New Window.
Standard Drawings - Series 2400, July 2016 Opens a New Window.
For More Information:
Planning and Development requires that setbacks from property lines be met. If you have any questions or need to find the specific setbacks for your zoning area, please call us at (505) 863-1240.