Billing, Payment and Adjustment Policies
The City of Gallup has established the following utilities policies:
Billing CycleWe bill customers on a monthly cycle that normally ranges from 28-32 days of service. Due dates are 14 days after the billing date.
- Late Notice. If a bill remains unpaid seven (7) days after the due date, we send a late notice via U.S. Mail to the customer and the account is considered to be delinquent.
- Shutoff Notice. If a bill remains unpaid fourteen (14) days after the due date, we will place a shutoff notice at the service address. We will assess a $10 notice delivery fee.
- Shutoff. If a bill remains unpaid seventeen (17) days after the due date, or three days after the shutoff notice is delivered, then the account becomes eligible for shutoff.
PaymentsYou can pay your bill in several ways:
- Pay by mail. Simply mail your billing statement coupon with your check.
- Pay online. Access your account online and make your payment using a major credit or debit card.
- Pay by phone. Call (505) 726-4218
Billing Disputes and Your RightsOur electronic meter reading system has virtually eliminated measurement errors. However, customers have the right to dispute their bill if they believe it is incorrect. Dispute must be filed in writing with Customer Care within 60 days of the bill date; otherwise, the bill shall be considered correct and all amounts in dispute shall be due and payable. Customers may request one free courtesy reread visit each year. Additional rereads will be charged at the current fee schedule.
AdjustmentsWe do not issue adjustments except in the following circumstances:
- Billing errors.
- Water leak incidents. If you have a water leak, you may request a leak adjustment. The following rules pertain to leak adjustments:
- A water leak must be documented in writing. A note from a plumber on their stationery or a copy of a plumbing repair bill are examples of acceptable documentation.
- The leak must be corrected before an adjustment will be issued.
- Only one (1) leak adjustment will be made in any twelve-month period.
- Leak adjustments are limited to partial credits of the consumption due to the leak. We do not issue 100% credits for leaks.
- Metering errors.