Starting or Discontinuing Service
It's easy to start service with the City of Gallup!
- Complete a service application form (residential or commercial).
- Visit the Customer Care counter at City Hall and present:
- A government-issued photo identification for each account signer;
- For renters: a copy of your lease or a letter from the landlord; and
- Payment for your deposit.
To end service at your location, please complete a Discontinue Service form. You will be asked for the desired termination date so we can schedule the work orders. For best service, please let us know at least two days before your termination. You may also E-mail Customer Care to request termination. We will be unable to process any verbal requests.
After we complete your final read, you will receive a final bill within a week or so. You will receive a refund of your deposit within three weeks unless you do not pay your final bill, in which case the deposit will be applied to the account and any remaining credit will be refunded to you.